David KerrDM FRCP FRCPE
MBChB DM FRCPE FRCP
Santa Barbara, CA
“We are our choices”
- Senior Investigator
Diabetes Research and Digital Health Equity,
Sutter Center for Health Systems Research
- Adjunct Professor, Dept Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rice University
- Scientific Advisory Board, PATHS-UP (https://pathsup.org)
- Research Committee, Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (https://www.diabeteseducator.org)
- Director of Research and Innovation, Sansum Diabetes Research Institute
- Consultant Physician, Bournemouth Diabetes and Endocrine Center, UK
- Digital Health
- Health Equity
Recent Publications & Media
- Podcast: https://diabetestechnology.org/podcast/
- Media: New York Times – April 4, 2022
- Podcast: https://thehuddle.simplecast.com/episodes/glycemic-risk-index
- Book: https://www.elsevier.com/books/diabetes-digital-health-and-telehealth/klonoff/978-0-323-90557-2
- Award Lecture “Digital Health and Diabetes – Access, Trust and Self-Efficacy” – Issued by International Diabetes Federation · Dec 2022. IDF  LI2022-CTT14-Award Lecture from COVR (info) on Vimeo
- Kerr D, Duncan I, Repetto E, Maroun R, Wu A, Perkins C, Bergman G and Giorgino F. Cost Analysis of Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose in Non Intensively Managed Type 2 Diabetes . American Journal of Managed Care 2023: 29: 12.
- Tian T, Aaron RE, Huang J, Yeung AM, Svensson J, Gentile S, Forbes A, Heinemann L, Seley J, Kerr D, Klonoff D. Lipohypertrophy and Insulin: An Update From the Diabetes Technology Society. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2023 Aug 9th:19322968231187661.
- Sato E, Sabharwal A, Conneely C, Glantz N, Bevier W, Barua S, Pai A, Larez A and Kerr D. Farming for Life: Temporal changes in glycemia following a medical produce prescription program for predominantly Mexican American adults. Helyion Cell Press 2023; July 20th
- J, Yeung AM, Klonoff DC, Abdel-Malek A, Ahn DT, Kerr D. People with Diabetes Using Insulin Flying Across Multiple Time Zones – Limitations and Opportunities for Diabetes Technologies. Endocrine Practice. 2023 Jul 15:S1530-891X(23)00472-X. doi: 10.1016/j.eprac.2023.07.003. Epub ahead of print.
- Klonoff DC, Yeung AM, Huang J, Espinoza JC, Raymond JK, Lee WA, Koliwad SK, Kerr D. Twenty-first century management of diabetes with shared telemedicine appointments. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2023 Jul 20:1357633X231184503. doi: 10.1177/1357633X231184503. Epub ahead of print.
- Duncan I, Kerr D, Aggarwal R, Huynh N. New Drugs for Obesity, Is the Excitement Affordable? Popul Health Manag. 2023 Jun 5. doi: 10.1089/pop.2023.0086. Epub ahead of print.
- Yeung AM, Huang J, Pandey A, Hashim IA, Kerr D, et al. Biomarkers for the diagnosis of heart failure in people with diabetes: A consensus report from diabetes technology society. Progress in Cardiovascular Disease. 2023 May 11th: Epub ahead of print.
- Huang J, Yeung AM, Kerr D, et al. Lipohypertrophy and Insulin. An Old Dog that Needs New Tricks. Endocrine Practice. 2023 Apr 23. Epub ahead of print.
- Klonoff DC, Kerr D, Clark L. Barriers and Solutions to Trends and Disparities in Glycemic Control and Severe Hyperglycemia Among US Adults With Diabetes Using Insulin From 1988 to 2020. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2023 Feb 17th.
- Huang J, Yeung AM, Kerr D, Klonoff DC. Using ChatGPT to Predict the Future of Diabetes Technology. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2023 Feb 17th.
- Kerr D, Klonoff DC, Bergenstal RM, Choudhary P, Ji L. A Roadmap to an Equitable Digital Diabetes Ecosystem. Endocrine Practice. 2022 Dec 28: S1530-891X(22)00908-9.
- Kerr D, et al. New Digital Health Technologies for Insulin Initiation and Optimization for People With Type 2 Diabetes. Endocr Pract. 2022 Aug;28(8):811-821
- Kerr D, Klonoff D. Breakthrough technology for in-hospital glucose monitoring. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2022 May;10(5):304-306.
- Kerr D, et al. Patterns of Timing and Intensity of Physical Activity and HbA1c Levels in Hispanic/Latino Adults With or at Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2022 Jun 30:19322968221105531.
- Kerr D, et al. A persisting parallel universe in diabetes care within America’s capital. Lancet EClinicalMedicine. 2021 Dec 24;43:101244